JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT SEARCH


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Simple steps to sanity.

Yesterday I wrote a shopping list for the first time in over a year. Just wrote a list and went shopping. Sounds simple, and I suppose it was, but it does help to curb the impulse buys.

These are the habits I need to get back to. Having a list, having a regular shopping day and developing thrify habits. Years ago we had a small shopping centre built only 2 blocks from our house. It's a friendly welcoming place where everyone knows each other and you stop for a chat. Unfortunately we have got in the habit of shopping there everday.

With no shopping or menu plans we just call in at the shop on the way home and buy whatever looks good at the time. If we don't feel like cooking, (and I never do!) then just stop there and get takeaway. They know our names, our regular order and it's a 5 minute walk. It has to stop.

Last week I came across a great site, Simple Savings. They have some great freebies which I downloaded to keep track of my bills and budgeting. If you have a look down the left side you will see Bill Payment System. This has free simple to use worksheets for keeping track of payments. You will also see a link for Free Stuff. Click on that and it takes you to planners, vouchers for giving family and calendars.

My next job is to tackle my business finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT