JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT SEARCH


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Clothing Clutter

While sorting through old things I am really begining to make the connection between clutter and disorganisation in more areas than my finances. Yesterday I attacked the main bedroom. I found two very large bags of clothing that I had stored in the top of the cupboard years ago. Most are in very good condition, too small to fit me now. I had forgotton about them.

They are gettting sold, either on ebay or through the pre-loved clothing shop.

My wardrobe has clothes ranging from size 10 - 18. There are more clothes in there than I can possibly wear. The truth is I tend to live in my jeans. I am a twinset and pearls girl with at work and then jeans and t-shirts at home. I don't need After 5 wear as I don't go out much at night.

It's just accumalated over the years. So in order to get the point across to myself I have decided I am not going to buy any clothes or shoes for the next 12 months.

Usually I don't budget for these things. I may buy nothing for ages and then spend a couple of hundred dollars on clothes when I see something I like. So 12 months with no purchases will do me good and it will free up several thousand dollars for the mortgage.

I won't get into the shoes today (my middle name is Imelda!) that needs a whole post of it's own ,with pictures!

To pay off this debt I have bring in more money. I cannot do it on our wages alone. So selling off clothes and whatever else I can find is one way to do that. It is hard work to get up every day and keep asking myself 'what am I going to do today to pay off the mortgage?" Some days it would be easy to just not worry about it and do nothing. But I want to get as much off the morgage as I can ASAP as the mortgage is still young, 2 years, so any extra now makes a much bigger dent in the principal.

The clutter has made it difficult to keep track of things. It costs me money as I am unaware of the 'real state of affairs' when living in clutter. I sometimes wonder how I came to be so cluttered as at work I am a fastidious and very tidy person....

I can't wait until I have simplified my life. That red bar is going down at the end of this month so help me...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT