JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT SEARCH


Thursday, March 19, 2009

The clothes dryer is the biggest problem I think

I got the last credit card bill yesterday and it had anther late payment fee: $35! Well at least I know that will be the last one ever. No more missed and late payments.

The car decided to have a bad day yesterday and ended up at the garage. I will get the bill today. I need to start that emergency fund account ASAP for these kind of unexpected expenses.

I have to look at cutting down our electricity bill somehow. It came yesterday and it is just too much! Our consumption is up slightly but it has been very cold with snow around some days.We have changed over the light bulbs to the more economical environmentally friendly ones. I have also been walking around turing off lights that get left on. Another bad habit that costs money.

The clothes dryer is the biggest problem I think. I don't use it, I hang washing in front of the heater to dry in winter. I suspect that my family are not so thrifty when I am not around to 'supervise'!

I was reading somewhere that there are communities that actually ban the use of the clothesline! At first I thought it was a joke or a hoax. It's just ridiculous! I don't understand it all. certainly an Aussie backyard wouldn't be complete without the old green hills hoist. With all the problems in the world to solve why clotheslines get banned is beyond me!

Not the kind of community I would want to live in for sure. Sunshine and fresh air is the best thing for clean clothes, the environment and healthy happy kids. Clothes flapping in the wind and kids running around the yard playing. That's my kind of community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT