JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT SEARCH


Sunday, April 5, 2009

Plodding along...

I have put in a good effort today on my business with finalising client files, arranging handovers and accounts. I have only 2 more files to finalise and I am done, and yes I have left the hardest till last.

Soon I will have an extra 2-3 days a week to myself to put into practice my more frugal lifestyle. I am actually looking forward to having some time to myself.

I am feeling relieved, tired and excited as I think about the next few months.

Today I phoned the pre-loved clothing store to find out their terms. They take clothes on consignment. After one month they are paid 50% of the price of the item whether it is sold or not. The item has to be removed after 2 months if it doesn't sell. Hmmm.....

I think I can do better than that....

I have come across an Aussie auction sites called Oztion. The fees are very reasonable:

$0.05 - $3.30 = $0.10 flat
$3.31 - $100.00 = 3% of sale price
$100.01 - $500.00 = $3.00 + 2.5% of sale price over $100.00
$500.01 - $1000.00 = $13.00 + 2% of sale price over $500.00
Over $1000.00 = $23.00 + 1.5% of sale price over $1000.00
Maximum sale fee $30.00

If and item does not sell there is no fee and you can relist it again for up to 60 days automatically.The other thing I like about Oztion that it has a community where people list things they are looking for. I have already sold one item after seeing it requested.

I have also been very tempted with some fantastic bargains at this site! But I have resisted so far.... My daughter was really shocked when I told her of my committment not to buy any clothes or shoes for 12 months. She loves finding shoe bargains on ebay for me...or aleast she used to! (that Imelda post is coming soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

JOURNEY TO ELIMINATE DEBT